Start a habit w/ a friend - like a co-op game

The American Society of Training and Development (ASTD) did a study on accountability and found the following:

The probability of completing a goal if:

• You have an idea or a goal: 10%
  • You consciously decide you will do it: 25%
  • You decide when you will do it: 40%
  • You plan how you will do it: 50%
  • You commit to someone you will do it: 65%
  • You have a specific accountability appointment with a person you’ve committed to: 95%

This is straight from the landing page of https://www.strive2goal.com/ but read about this here first:

With yet another app that is implementing accountability with habits mentioned in the article.

There is a bit of research on it, this one looking at how one partner’s habits has a big influence on the other’s.

I wanted to start intermittent fasting to kick-start this as a habit for my dad.
To put my money where my mouth is and rather then fill his head with all the theory behind it - I figured a better way is to take the initiative and join him. That’s how I ended up wanting this feature.

Hello there,
Thank you so much, the suggestion is really well backed-up.
Actually, we used to think of adding some social features inside the app, which lets users comment on each other’s progress and so on. However, there are users claim that they do not need any more social apps. Any thoughts?

No idea. But progress such as badges different apps use them such as Withings Health mate and even iOS Activity. Sharing such maybe some would like. Other apps do have social functions such as inviting friends and sharing or viewing their progress. An incentive indeed though still unsure how popular itd be.