Hola Bookaholics!

This group is created for people who want to read more every day! :books:

My name is Alan, Growth Lead at Habitify.

I wouldn’t call myself an avid reader, but I always want to read more books in as many areas as I can touch on.

I used to encourage myself to read by creating a small facebook group with my friends, where everyone has to write a book review every month. If they fail, they have to donate $10 to the group’s bank and we’ll use that money to pay for our gatherings.

It’s been going on for 3 months now, and with its help, I have been able to finish The Spy (Paulo Coelho), Lucifer Effect (Philip Zimbardo), An outline of a theory of civilization
(Fukuzawa Yukichi) and One Hundred Year of Solitude (Gabriel García Márquez), which would typically take me a whole year altogether to finish otherwise.

I thought of Habitify members. After a lot of interviews with you fellas, I know that many of you want to read more books but lack of motivation.

So here we are!

I create this group with the hope to encourage everyone here to read more books, at least 1 each month. At the end of the month, each person will write a review of the book he/she has finished in the month. It can be on Goodreads (here’s mine) or on a doc or as a post here. Anything, as long as you write it!

I’m reading Homosapiens at the moment, hopefully I will be able to finish it at the end of this month (October)!

1 Like

Hi, Alan! I’d love to be part of this group. I’ve just added you as a friend on Goodreads.

Hey there!

Your FB group is such a good idea.

I’ve been reviewing books for over a decade, both professionally and for fun. I’ll be honest, the reading isn’t the problem for me, the writing up of my thoughts is. There are so many great books that I want to read that I don’t want to stop to reflect on them, just want to grab the next.

(Well, the constantly reading causes problems of it’s own but that’s not the point here.)

The silver lining of the past month or at least one bit of the silver, has been so many people reading more. Love that!