(FOR ALL) Introduce yourself to find an accountability partner

Hi everyone!

Welcome to our community!

Please spend some time to introduce yourself here so others can help you with their knowledge and you can connect to be accountability partners of each other.

The introductory format is as follow:

• Your name
  • The habits you are forming - your current progress - details about your habits (e.g. Read Book - Day 1 - I am reading Sapiens and find it very interesting)
  • Your question relating to the habits you are forming/breaking.

Of course, you can add more, but don’t forget to use bullet points so others can easily know what you are talking about :smirk:

“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”

pinned #2
unpinned #3
pinned globally #4

Me first.

I’m Alan, 22, I am working as the growth lead at Habitify.

I’m forming a few habits at the moment:

• Wake up at 5:30 AM and exercise - 61 day streak - I do weight lifting mostly accompanied with 15 mins of HIIT at the end
  • Read 10 pages a day - 16 day streak - Currently on One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez
  • My question is how do you read a book fast and remember what’s in it so you can use it in conversations later on?
1 Like

I am Gregor, 24. I am currently studying.

I am forming a few new habits at the moment:

• 2-3 daily 5 minutes walks of mindfulness
  • Focused Deep work sessions, where I turn every off and get in the zone <- Hard for me.
  • Afternoon Nap of 30 minutes
  • Read every day for 45 min - 1 hour. Currently reading 3 books. Willpower instinct & 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth on a weekly basis (1 chapter per week) and “How to read better & faster” almost every day.

My questions for the habits I am forming. How do I best deal with this urge to postpone deep work? It overcomes me sometimes more than other moments.

1 Like

From my perspective, it seems like deep work is not something already wired in your routine and now you’re trying to include it. The problem (I guess) is that Deep work has very high requirement of entry - you gotta turn every thing off and get in the zone (which is very hard to do in a short amount of time) - and so your body seems to resist that “uncomfortable time” by delaying it.

Now we know that the requirement is too hard, we should lower it until it becomes a habit, or should I say, lower our expectation for it.

First step, maybe start with the habit of turning things off. Don’t expect to get in the zone, just work with everything off.

Second step, set a goal to get in the zone once/week. This will slowly but gradually wire it in.

Third step, reflect to see how you get into the zone. What gets you there? What were you doing to get in there? Keep doing that same thing over and over again until your body is familiar with working for a long duration at maximum focus.

Fourth, I believe by now you are familiar with working at max focus, you won’t be afraid of it (and if we do it right - so people say - you can even crave for it).

Does the idea sound feasible for you?