Estimate Time for habit, and total time per day

I know it’s possible to exactly track how much time we consume per habit.

But sometimes we don’t want to do that work because we know how much time it takes (and it doesn’t change).

Would be amazing if we could set for each habit the estimated duration time. And in each day we could see how much estimated time our habits would consume from us. And if possible allow us to see how our estimated habit time would progress over time

I believe this would be an unvalueable feature for all of the community

2 Likes

Hey @ntk, it would be awesome if you could give us an example :wink:

Hi @AlanNg,

Thank you for the reply, I wasn’t able of reaching you out until now.

An example would be:

ALL HABITS

[Running]

• [existing fields]
  • (new) estimated time - 30 minutes

[Reading]

• [existing fields]
  • (new) estimated time - 15 minutes

[Meditation]

• [existing fields]
  • (new) estimated time - 15 minutes

ALL HABITS ESTIMATED TIME

• 1 hour

This is important because we generally know how much time an habit costs, and to me it feels more confortable than setting a timer every time I need to perform an habit.

I’m not telling to get rid of the timer but to add an estimated time, because habits are predictable in frequency and time

So this would be an attempt for people to have an idea of how much time their habits are consuming, and eventually ‘cut costs’

Was this explanation better?

If not please let me know, and I’ll try harder and eventually bring pictures

Best Regards,

Hi @ntk ,I understand your suggestions . You’d like to see the total time all the habits will cost you in a day , am i right ? This feature could be really handy when it comes to users who only have a limited time spent for all the habits . I’ll note down your recommendation of this feature and send to our developers so they can have a look at it and consider adding a " estimated time cost " to Habitify .